HiDef Aerial Surveying Limited (HiDef) has a vacancy for an engineer to manage the Company’s IT systems, particularly to integrate digital sensors with IT hardware and to manage the Company’s survey flight operations. HiDef is an environmental services company providing innovative solutions for a wide variety of clients, based mainly around its highly successful digital aerial survey method for detecting birds and marine mammals at sea. HiDef seeks continually to develop the quality and range of its services, which means keeping abreast of how new and different sensors can be utilised, particularly in light aircraft. The surveys generate very large data sets requiring significant storage and data streaming capacity. HiDef works closely with its partner organisation BioConsult SH based in northern Germany and both companies are engaged in a variety of projects.
You will possess the following essential skills:
- Have a good understanding of building bespoke computer hardware systems;
- Have at least a basic knowledge of processing data from digital (optical) sensors;
- Have a sound knowledge of managing IT systems, particularly systems required to handle large amounts of data;
- Have good communication skills (verbal and written);
- Pro-active and able to work alone and as part of a team;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to find creative solutions;
- Proven mathematical understanding;
- Be a quick learner and highly motivated;
- Able to travel in the UK and Europe, and potentially further afield; and
- Current driving licence.
Desirable qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- External sensors and/or camera system;
- Electrical and electronics background;
- Engineering processes for configuration management, design and maintenance; and
- A working knowledge of LiDAR, GPS and other technologies.
The position will be based at our Head Office in Cleator Moor, Cumbria. A competitive remuneration package will be available. Training is available to support skills development.
Please send CV and cover letter before 10 August 2018 to Elaine Southward, Operations Director, HiDef Aerial Surveying Limited, Earl Street, Cleator Moor, Cumbria CA25 5AU firstname.lastname@example.org 01946 814463